Creative Learning Academy

We are a Christian eclectic/unschooling/homeschooling family trying to get along in the world without becoming part of it.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Merry Day after Christmas to you all!!

WOW what a Christmas we have had. We were given way more things than we ever deserved. The kids were absolutely spoiled. I just cannot believe the fun that we have had these past few days.

Christmas Eve I was up quite late and then was woken several times by Zack who was unable to sleep. I had to get up once because I heard Dakota(our dog) into something. Amazingly it was his stocking! So I was really glad that Zack finally fell into a good sleep.

Kevin and I woke up around 7:45 and he went and woke the kids up! We opened stockings and gifts for what seemed like forever!! The kids were very happy with their haul! Kevin got a few minor things and I got the ink cartridges that I have been wanting for my printer! YAY!!!

Then slowly the neighbors (all Kevin's family) began to trickle in with gifts for us all. Then after some breakfast of some not too nutritious food Kevin and the kids went next door to deliver presents to his parents. Then they went to his sister's house as well.

I stayed home to get our Christmas dinner into the oven and straighten the house a bit since my parents come over for Christmas dinner every year. We had ham, hash brown casserole, pistachio salad, baked beans, jello with fruit, deviled eggs (stuffed eggs as we prefer to call them), cheese, a green bean casserole(Mom's contribution--begged for by Becca and I!!!). I also made pumpkin delight to be topped with ice cream. There were also plenty of Christmas goodies that I hade made earlier in the week. I did not, however, manage to get a loaf of bread into the bread machine! SORRY Dad!

My parents brought more presents from them and my sister Cindy. Like I said we were very spoiled. AND HAPPY. We now have a DVD player and some new DVDs. Just as our VCR wears out! lol Thank you everyone for your generosity! The thank you cards will be in the mail very soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home