Creative Learning Academy

We are a Christian eclectic/unschooling/homeschooling family trying to get along in the world without becoming part of it.

Monday, January 10, 2005

WOW I really did a lot today! lol

I am actually pretty pleased with myself tonight. I managed to get a lot accomplished today.

It started when Kevin got home and decided that he would make us all our "Sunday" omeletes on Monday and found a candle in the potholder basket. Then he found that the cookie sheets (clean) were sitting in the oven when he wanted to use it to keep stuff warm. He then said "That's it. We are doing it. I want us to get rid of as much of this sh-- as we can!"

Then I actually got to get the tree taken down today! With alot of help from Jeremiah I might add! I got all of the Christmas stuff put away except for two tablecloths. One is on the table under all the clean laundry. The other is on the kitchen table that NEEDS to be covered due to incredible peeling and flaws! I just need to buy another tablecloth though since I don't have any appropriate for this time of year! I always buy the cheap vinyl/flannel backed ones from Wal-Mart.

I also started filling boxes with stuff to donate to the Salvation Army. I am really motivated to do this! I even talked to the kids about it and we talked about why we have so much stuff and how sometimes it seems as though "things" are more important to us than people. I don't want that life-style. We all agreed to work on it! It will take us alot of time though I am sure.

OH!!!!!!! Zack called the library today to ask about replacing the missing book. They told him the would call back. GUESS WHAT?!?! I found the book!! I AM THE ONE WHO MISPLACED IT! I can't believe it but I did and I amptly apologized to the kids for losing it over "some thing". I think they have forgiven me! :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home